Malaysia is a beautiful country with a lot to offer visitors. From the bustling metropolis of Kuala Lumpur to the lush rainforests of Borneo, there is something for everyone. And one of the best ways to explore Malaysia is by public transport.
The public transportation system in Malaysia is well-developed and affordable. There are buses, trains, taxis, and even ferries to get you where you need to go. And with a little planning, you can easily travel around Malaysia without having to rent a car.we will provide you with some top tips for travelling Malaysia by public transport. We will cover everything from how to buy tickets to how to avoid scams. So whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, read on for all the information you need to know.
Top Tips for Travelling Malaysia by Public Transport:
- Get a Touch ‘n Go card.
The Touch ‘n Go card is a prepaid smartcard that can be used on all public transportation in Malaysia. It is the most convenient way to pay for your fares, and it will save you money in the long run. You can buy a Touch ‘n Go card at any major train station or bus terminal.
- Plan your route in advance.
The best way to avoid getting lost is to plan your route in advance. You can use the Google Maps app or the website of the Malaysian Public Transport Corporation (SPAD) to find out the best way to get from one place to another.
- Be aware of the different types of public transportation.
There are many different types of public transportation in Malaysia. The most common are buses, trains, and taxis. There are also ferries, but they are mainly used for inter-city travel.
- Learn a few basic phrases in Malay.
Learning a few basic phrases in Malay will help you get around more easily. Some useful phrases include “hello,” “thank you,” “excuse me,” and “where is the bathroom?”
- Be prepared for delays.
Public transportation in Malaysia can be subject to delays, especially during rush hour. If you are on a tight schedule, it is a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to get where you are going.
- Be aware of scams.
There are a few scams that tourists should be aware of when using public transportation in Malaysia. One common scam is taxi drivers who refuse to use the meter. If this happens, simply get out of the taxi and flag down another one.
Travelling Malaysia by public transport is a great way to save money and see the country. By following these top tips, you can easily get around Malaysia without any problems.
Book Your Malaysia Activities at Gowaus!
- If you are travelling to a rural area, it is a good idea to check the public transportation schedule in advance. Some rural areas may only have limited public transportation options.
- If you are travelling with luggage, be sure to check the size and weight restrictions for public transportation. Some buses and trains have strict luggage restrictions.
- Be sure to dress appropriately when using public transportation. In some cases, you may be required to cover your shoulders and knees.
- Be respectful of other passengers and follow the rules of public transportation. This will help ensure a safe and enjoyable journey for everyone.
We hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.