here is a how-to guide on budget travel in Malaysia:
1. Book your flights and accommodation in advance. This is the best way to get the cheapest deals. Use a flight search engine like Skyscanner or Kayak to compare prices and book your flights early. For accommodation, look for hostels, guesthouses, or Gowaus.
2. Travel by public transportation. Malaysia has a well-developed public transportation system, so you can easily get around without having to rent a car. Buses, trains, and taxis are all affordable options.
3. Eat local food. Malaysian cuisine is delicious and affordable. You can find great food stalls and restaurants all over the country. Try some of the local favorites like nasi lemak, laksa, and char kway teow.
4. Visit free attractions. There are many free things to see and do in Malaysia. Visit the Petronas Twin Towers, explore the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, or take a walk through the Perdana Botanical Gardens.
5. Stay in hostels or guesthouses. This is the cheapest way to stay in Malaysia. You can find hostels with dorm beds for as little as RM10 per night.
6. Cook your own meals. This is a great way to save money on food. There are many supermarkets and grocery stores in Malaysia where you can buy fresh produce and ingredients.
7. Take advantage of free activities. There are many free activities to enjoy in Malaysia, such as hiking, swimming, and visiting the local markets.
8. Ask for discounts. Many businesses in Malaysia offer discounts to students, seniors, and locals. Be sure to ask if there are any discounts available before you make a purchase.
9. Use local SIM cards. This will save you money on international calls and data. You can buy local SIM cards at most convenience stores.
10. Bargain. It is customary to bargain in Malaysia, especially for souvenirs and other goods. Don’t be afraid to haggle to get the best price.
By following these tips, you can easily travel Malaysia on a budget. Just remember to be flexible and open to new experiences. Malaysia is a beautiful country with a lot to offer, so you’re sure to have a great time no matter how much money you have.
Here are some additional tips for budget travel in Malaysia:
- Use Couchsurfing or other hospitality exchange websites to stay with locals for free.
- Join free walking tours to learn about the city and get some ideas for things to do.
- Take advantage of student discounts if you’re a student.
- Look for deals and promotions on activities and attractions.
- Pack light to save on luggage fees.
- Be aware of the exchange rate and budget accordingly.
With a little planning, you can easily travel Malaysia on a budget and have a great time. Don’t forget to book you trip with Gowaus.