Introduction Terms & Conditions
1. The terms and conditions stated, will be amended from time to time and applies to all our services. By accessing, and browsing our website or (mobile) website (hereafter collectively referred to as the “Platform”). By using the Platform, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Agreements, accept these Agreements, and agree to be bound by them. If you don’t agree with (or cannot comply with) the Agreements, then you may not use the website or access any Content.
2. The Platform offers an online venue that enables users (“Members”) to publish, offer, search for, and book services. Members who publish and offer services are “Hosts” and Members who search for, book, or use services are “Guests.” Hosts offer accommodations (“Accommodations”), activities, excursions, and events (“Experiences”), and a variety of travel and other services (collectively, “Host Services,” and each Host Service offering, a “Listing”).
Being a Host
1. As a Host, the “Platform” offers you the opportunity to share your Accommodation, Experience, or other Host Service with our vibrant community of Guests and earn money doing it. It’s easy to create a Listing and you are in control of how you host – set your price, availability, and rules for each Listing.
2. When you accept a booking request, or receive a booking confirmation through the “Platform”, you are entering into a contract directly with the Guest, and are responsible for delivering your Host Service under the terms and at the price specified in your Listing. You are also agreeing to pay applicable fees such as our service fees and applicable taxes for each successful booking.
3. The Host agrees that it is an independent party from the Company not an employee, agent, joint venture, or partner of the Company and has complete control of the terms of the Listing.
4. You are responsible and liable for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone you allow to participate in providing your Host Services. You are responsible for setting your price and establishing rules and requirements for your Listing. You must describe any and all fees and charges in your Listing description and may not collect any additional fees or charges outside the “Platform”.
1. The “Platform” generally collects the Total Price of a booking at the time the Guest’s booking request is accepted by the Host, unless noted otherwise.
2. In order to receive a Payout you must have a valid Payout Method linked to your host account. When you add a Payout Method to your host account, you will be asked to provide billing information such as name, identification number, billing address, and financial instrument information either to the “Platform” or its third-party payment processor(s). Depending on the Payout Method selected additional information may be required, such as: residential address, name on the account, account type, routing number, account number, email address, payout currency, identification number and account information associated with a particular payment processor. You authorize the “Platform” to collect and store your billing information and financial instrument information.
3. Subject to and conditional upon successful receipt of the payments from Guest, the “Platform” will generally initiate Payouts to your selected Payout Method, on the day of the Guest’s scheduled check-in time or after depending on your agreed terms;
4. Your Payout for a booking will be the Total Price less applicable fees like service fees and applicable taxes as per Clause 2.3 in the above. In the event of cancellation of a confirmed booking, the “Platform” will remit the amount you are due (if any) as provided in the and applicable cancellation policy.
5. The “Platform” is not responsible for any loss suffered by you as a result of incorrect Payout Method information provided by you.
6. Each Host, including each Host Team member, hereby appoints the “Platform” as the Host’s payment collection agent solely for the limited purpose of accepting and processing funds from Guests purchasing Host Services on the Host’s behalf.
7. Each Host, including each Host Team member, agrees that payment made by a Guest through the “Platform”, shall be considered the same as a payment made directly to the Host, and the Host will provide the Host Service booked by the Guest in the agreed-upon manner as if the Host has received the payment directly from the Guest. Each Host agrees that the “Platform” may refund the Guest in accordance with this Terms of Service. Each Host understands that the “Platform” obligation to pay the Host is subject to and conditional upon successful receipt of the associated payments from Guest. The “Platform” guarantees payments to Host(s) only for such amounts that have been successfully received by the “Platform” from Guests in accordance with these Payments Terms. In accepting appointment as the limited payment collection agent of the Host, the “Platform” assumes no liability for any acts or omissions of the Host.
CANCELLATIONS, TRAVEL ISSUES, AND BOOKING MODIFICATIONS
1. In general, if a Guest cancels a reservation, the amount paid to you is determined by the cancellation policy that applies to that reservation. As a host, you should not cancel on a Guest without a valid reason. If you cancel on a Guest without such a valid reason, we may impose a cancellation fee and other consequences.
2. If a Guest cancels a reservation, the amount you are paid will be reduced by the amount we refund or otherwise provide to the Guest, and by any other reasonable costs we incur as a result of the cancellation. If a Guest receives a refund after you have already been paid, or the amount of the refund and other costs incurred by the “Platform” exceeds your payout, the “Platform” may recover that amount from you, including by offsetting the refund against your future payouts.
3. Guest may cancel the reservation with valid reasons attributable to but not limited to the following reasons –:
3.1Death of a host, guest, or their co-host, additional guest, immediate family member, or caregiver.
3.2 Unexpected serious illness or injury affecting a host or member of the traveling party.
3.3 Government-mandated obligations including jury duty, travel restrictions, court appearances, and military deployment.
3.4 Unforeseen property damage, maintenance, and amenity issues to the the “Platform” listing that makes it unsafe to host guests, or that prevents guests from accessing basic amenities like running water. This doesn’t include planned renovations. You’ll be asked to provide all of the following documents:
3.4.1 Proof that the issue is being fixed;
3.4.2 An estimate of when it will be fixed;
3.4.3 An invoice for the repairs being done; and
3.4.4 Photos of the damage.
4. Transportation disruptions that make it impossible to travel to the destination, including road closures and flight cancellations where there are no alternative methods of travel. This includes closures and cancellations caused by natural disasters, such as earthquakes or severe storms.
5. Train, bus, or ferry cancellations where no alternate trips were available on the same day. You’ll be asked to provide documentation that clearly shows the carrier was not operating on that day, such as a screenshot of the company’s website or a link to an official statement from the carrier.
6. Natural disasters, terrorist activity, and civil/political unrest that prevent the guest from traveling to or from the destination, or that make it unsafe to host guests.
7. Epidemic disease or illness that suddenly affects a region or an entire group of people. This doesn’t include existing diseases that are associated with an area—for example, malaria in Thailand or dengue fever in Hawaii. Any updates to our policy regarding the outbreak of a disease, and the scope of policy application, will be determined based on announcements by the World Health Organization and local authorities.
8. Travel restrictions imposed by a government, law enforcement agency, or military that restrict travel to or from the listing or experience location.
9. Safety and security threat advisories issued for the listing or experience location or the guest party’s departure location.
10. Essential utility outages that affect the listing or experience location.
11. Changes to visa or passport requirements that make it impossible to travel to the destination. This doesn’t include lost or expired travel documents.